Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to storing and/or sharing given web content on a web server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a gaze at them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a website, e-mail accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some vendors, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely untrue explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between autonomous hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a big amount of images with buddies or associates since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your mail accounts. Some firms provide web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to have as many videos as you wish without worrying about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to keep a web site. To some extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At DLive, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific content solely.